Tuesday, February 28, 2012

From the LiveStrong Blog

Does the Gym Make You Fail?

avatar
Posted by abornstein | February 28, 2012 | 23 Comments


When I was 13 years old I had my first experience with a personal trainer. Some might think I was too young for one-on-one training and what I needed was to spend more time running outside and less time grabbing seconds (and thirds) of my mom’s Rice Krispie treats. At the time, I was a playing a lot of tennis and my body was routinely failing me. I wanted to improve, so naturally a trainer seemed like a good solution.

It was one the best decisions I ever made as a young athlete. That summer I became faster, stronger, and a better tennis player. Unfortunately, I was also terribly lazy, quit working out, and abandoned non-sports activity for several years. 
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/blog/blog/fixing-fitness-industry/#ixzz1nhYgB5jl

No comments: