After I wrote that first post I got almost ten phone calls and eight or so e-mails offiering congratulations on my blog, website and new adventure. Thank you all. Just in case you didn't notice there is a way to comment right here on the blog. See that button down there that says "comments"? Use that next time please, It will make it look like people are actually reading it.
One question I got was where did that list - the five reasons why I won't make it around Oahu - come from? Well, when I was out training one day last week some friends, who had nothing better to do and were probably drinking beer, came up with it. Not bad really. Here are my comments :
5) Nonsense. Most sharks are afraid of me and the ones who aren't are my friends.
4) Its the part of this adventure I'm most concerned about but I have a plan . . .
3) My coach thinks this one is most likely but I have a very long history of staying healthy and injury free.
2) Alice laughed. "There's no use in trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things.""I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
1) This is actually a very astute observation but training for this I will have many long hours alone and I'm fine with all the attention I get online.
In the next few days I'll post a slide show of both my Molokai paddleboard race and Bill's swim and a map of my new adventure.