Saturday, March 8, 2008

A couple of slideshows

Here's a slideshow of Bill's swim from Molokai to Oahu. In some photos you'll see some bright glowing lights. These guys started at 1am and the boat had to be able to see them and me. I put a three foot tall fiberglass pole on the back of my board and we duct taped those glow sticks to it. That worked well, both the boat and swimmers could see me. Bill and Forest were a little nervous about pinning the glow sticks on their Speedos but in the end that's what happened - making them big glowing lures in that deep dark ocean.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qVoJJfY7tsw



Last summer I participated in The Quicksilver Molokai to Oahu paddleboard race. Starts almost the same place as Bill's swim and finishes in Hawaii Kai, 32 miles. Lots of fun. I did OK. Had some navigation problems and I ate one of those energy bars and right after got very sick. Being throwing -up-sick in the middle of that channel only adds to the challenge. I got first place in my division age group. I'll be back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JRiWm-n9FA

No comments: