Sunday, May 31, 2009

Roz Savage


Last Sunday I was at the Waikiki Yacht Club and just by accident met Roz Savage. In case you didn't hear she rowed here from San Francisco. I heard a bit of her story in the weeks previously and was thrilled to talk to her. The conversation was short and quite a blur after she told me it took her 99 days to row here from San Fran. 99 days of rowing??? I guess she is a couple rungs higher an the adventure ladder than me. Now is she rowing across the rest of the pacific. Good luck Roz.
I have spent more time than really necessary planning a paddleboard trip to Tahiti. But such is the nature of these adventures. They are highly contagious.
This weekend will be spent "resting" which for me means doing some domestic chores (cleaning the house and hopefully patching a few dings on my paddleboard) and getting thing ready for next week.

No comments: