Thursday, April 17, 2008

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner


So what does an extreme athlete eat? I'm sure it varies but I'' ll tell you what I eat.
Breakfast: Mostly organic whole grain cereal with soy milk. I keep dairy to an absolute minimum. No milk, no yogurt and cheese only rarely and only as a spice. Fruit too and eggs once or twice a week.
Lunch: Well, I don't exactly eat lunch, I snack all day. Fruit ( a whole variety) nuts ( almonds are my favorites but also walnuts, pecans and sunflower seeds - all raw unsalted) and an assortment of veggies like red bell peppers, carrots and tomatoes, I love tomatoes. Once in a while I will make a sandwich and even go to Subway but its rare. I never go to any fast food hamburger place and its been many years since my last plate lunch.
Dinner: I eat fish, chicken and beef but I really watch the fat. Low fat meats only. I eat a whole variety of things for dinner but its real food only. No packaged food. Pasta yes, but its rare and whole wheat only. Brown rice. Lots of salads. Whole food, real food. No supplements.

No comments: